Immersive analytics has become a significant research field with applications in natural sciences, in contexts that require users’ exploration and understanding of three-dimensional spatial data. In this project, we will explore the collaboration structures of immersive visualization environments. We aim to study design considerations for collaborative immersive environments. Our findings are expected to provide design guidelines which will benefit researchers in designing and evaluating immersive visualizations for data.
The student will be awarded a PhD degree from the University of Liverpool (UK) upon successful completion of the program.
- The PhD studentship is available for three years subject to satisfactory progress by the student.
- The award covers tuition fees for three years (currently equivalent to RMB 80,000 per annum).
- It also provides up to RMB 16,500 to allow participation at international conferences during the period of the award.
The candidate should have a first class or upper second class honours degree, or a master’s degree (or equivalent qualification), in Data Visualization / Human-Computer Interaction / Computer Graphics / Computer Science / Software Engineering or a closely related area.
Evidence of good spoken and written English is essential. The candidate should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above, if the first language is not English. This position is open to all qualified candidates irrespective of nationality.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are advised to email me (Lingyun.Yu@xjtlu.edu.cn) the following documents for initial review and assessment (please put the project title in the subject line).
- Personal statement outlining your interest in the position
- Verified school transcripts in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)